• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on HMMWV tires on these things with stockish wheels

AJMBLAZER

I like them a lot. SMOOOOOOOTH riding and make it handle MUCH better than the bias plies did. Definitely overkill for the weight of the truck but they have a nice bulge and are wearing well. Haven't done a lot of offroad with them but they've torn my yard up a time or two without even trying. Dig through slush and snow in my driveway too.

I'm grooving them up a bit and hopeful to actually be able to use it a bit this spring-summer-fall.

REGULATOR

Military Tires

so has anyone actually purchased this tire and wheel combo ?

I would think that with the correct lift they would work?

( they don't look like you could do much with no lift but drive straigh )

Ive not been around long enough to understand all the "issues" with Alfa, but the price and shipping quote I got seemed reasonable ( compared to buyign tires that big new)

I was hoping a 4 -6 inch lift with these tires ( and maybe a regear) woudl look sweeet

not really planning on wheeling it too hard..

AJMBLAZER

Quality issues, customer service issues, outright lying to several members of this forum (myself included), etc etc etc just do a search for their name and you'll find it.

Wouldn't buy **** from them if it was gold plated.

aboonski

What is "cross over steering"? I keep seeing this in threads relating to lift kits but still have no idea what this is. Getting ready to lift my M1008 6" and looking for all the information so that I don't screw up. Any threads showing the project from start to finish? I really want to get my H1 rims and tires on the truck!

allrevup

This are some photos that show a chevy truck with the X-over steering and most of the related components

Attachments

allrevup

LOL dstang97. I had thought that I was looking at my truck, when looking at your avatar, she is a SWB. that is a good looking truck. "of course I am going to say that"
Yeah, this Dynatrac was built with the HD balljoints, it can be order with kingpings even "DEDENBEAR" nuckles I am convince that they are plenty strong Ford uses HD ball joints in F450 and F550 on the Dana Super60 they are tight, easier to mantain and if need be replace.
Some photos of the M1008 with a 5.5" BDS spring lift and 36" Humvee with 2" spacers

Attachments

Last edited:

dstang97

the ball joints threw me off thats why I was wondering. Mine is a 8ft bed, my m1008 looks almost like yours but the 2 red one look a lot a like. weird huh?

CUCV85

I really appreciate the responses. The reason I asked about the wheel reversal, is that we have an M1028 out here in Iraq that has off-center wheels that are reversed to give it an "out-side" stance. Are all the HMMWV wheels centered or off-center? Maybe I didn't look close enough, and in fact they are aftermarket wheels. I don't think they are, but I have been wrong a few times. Any idea how much the cross-over steering conversion kit costs? Thanks again.
" The reason I asked about the wheel reversal, is that we have an M1028 out here in Iraq that has off-center wheels that are reversed to give it an "out-side" stance."
I believe I seen a 1008 or 1028 (Wasn't sure" due to distance) when I was in Iraq with same stance. :arrow:Get pictures man,
we would love to see this.:grin:
I was so mad I couldn't get to the one I seen.

dirtyfingernails

Sorry for the civy truck post, but I just went to DRW front hubs for the HMMWV rims. The goodyear MT tires really are quite inferior off road--well, at least in mud. I like the size, but I prefer the tire type shown above on the M1008. SRW (with 2 inch spacer) and DRW hubs shown in photo for comparison.

Attachments

allrevup

Nice Jimmy! Got to like the soft top & Bushwackers. With out a doute the after market offers better A/T, Mud and Krawlers tires. The glot of Humvee Military Vihicles surplus the past years made it a viable and tenting option while keepin it military'sh.
Hard to ignore...usually 5, 36" or 37" tires/wheels with new "O" rings, bolts & spacers for less then TWO sometimes ONE dessent after market tire and wheel set. I do not see as many (tire & wheels) surplus lately, I hope is not dryng out.

Croatan_Kid

allrevup:

Any chance I can get some pictures of your '08 straight from the back, showing the headache rack? That'll be my next project on mine. I wanna build it and get it situated before I put the stacks in.