• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on part location, air control valve internal washer

ClockworkSkin

I had a leaking air hose under the dash. I was able to find and replace the hose (part # 8741776) that goes to the air control valve that engages the 6x6 (part # 16B1582726). In trying to find the leak I had the whole assembly apart to tape all of the threads. Also in doing so I had the fitting that goes into that switch taking apart. There is a spring and a washer in there, well there was. When the replacement air hose came I went out to put it on and now I only have the spring.

Is there anyone that knows where I could find a replacement, or knows how I could fabricate a replacement? I could not find a part number for the internal parts of that switch.

Thanks in advance.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the switch in question?
As far as "taping" the threads on the fittings, over the years I have come to hate the tape (white or yellow teflon). When taking them apart, it's a major operation to get all the fine slivers of tape out, sometimes a matter of using tweezers. Compressed air can get them lodged in places that must be super clean. Bottom line is, use a paste. It may take a day to cure, but it's worth it in the long run...

Attachments

Last edited:

ClockworkSkin

Yeah that seems to be the one. There is a spring and a washer that go between 13 and 7. That's what I'm missing.

I'll take your advice on the teflon tape. The only reason I used it this time was because I couldn't find my paste.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't have a switch free and clear to look at, so can't really help beyond this. You should be able to pick up a good take-off switch for $25-35...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a switch in a parts truck. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

ClockworkSkin

I got the switch M16TY, thank you. Everything is hooked back up and working fine. Thanks for the advice Cranetruck, I did remove the teflon tape and use the goop instead.