• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Af/m32t-1

wcuhillbilly

Found one of these aircraft cabin pressure tester compressor units for really cheap. Tag says 10-400cfm and up to 30 psi. Little digging on net turns up that they are a screw blower after/intercooled driven by gas or diesel engine.
The spec said it was safetied at 70psi.
So,,, can anyone tell me how to turn this into a usable air compressor for sustainable over 125-150psi for impact tools or sandblasting????

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do that by buying two and running them in series.

Seriously, you can't do that much pressure in a single stage. The rpm required would quickly destroy it.

edit - sorry if that reads too much like a smart arse. Too close to bed time.

Last edited:

wcuhillbilly

Thanks,. That's what I was afraid of. Running high rpm constantly and bringing a premature death to it,. If anyone is interested, it's going for $450 on the Rapid City CL,. "old military air compressor". 80hrs on the ticker. Talked to the guy today and he picked it up at auction some years ago and has not had the time to look at it. Pics looked good and it's all there. Just not what I'm needing for heavy impacts or blasting

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks