• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

after 5 years of fighting dla.... WE WIN

TMOMW

after fighting dla for 5 years (myself) i can say that the DLA has been forced to change the demil code of many vehicles that were C. vehicles this week are being released as Q6. my fight with the dla has cost me thousands of hrs, some sanity, and a little hair... right now over 100 hmmwvs (post 998) just today have been released via DLA, m1097s are now flooding out instead of being crushed. this will affect thousands and thousands of vehicles that were going to be crushed!!!!! this is a huge win for the hobby and the usa ((money returned). i am thankful for all the help that i got from MV owners and saddened by the pushback and the hate from the mvpa board (mr clark).. this is huge and will promote growth in collecting and the hobby for years to come.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could someone please explain to me what is being referred to. I have never been good with abbreviations. It sounds like something great has happened and I feel stupid because I don’t understand.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
after fighting dla for 5 years (myself) i can say that the DLA has been forced to change the demil code of many vehicles that were C. vehicles this week are being released as Q6. my fight with the dla has cost me thousands of hrs, some sanity, and a little hair... right now over 100 hmmwvs (post 998) just today have been released via DLA, m1097s are now flooding out instead of being crushed. this will affect thousands and thousands of vehicles that were going to be crushed!!!!! this is a huge win for the hobby and the usa ((money returned). i am thankful for all the help that i got from MV owners and saddened by the pushback and the hate from the mvpa board (mr clark).. this is huge and will promote growth in collecting and the hobby for years to come.
Thank you for fighting for this. Congratulations.

Crapgame

DLA=Defense Logistics Agency

I was wondering why the Marines are able to pay a contractor to remove the restricted armor, commo and armament parts to be sold as scrap separately from the HMMWV, but all the US Army HMMWVs, are destroyed by a contractor, paid by US Taxpayer money, then all sold as scrap for pennies on the dollar.

The 180 former US Army Special Forces M1025A2-based Ground Mobility Vehicles GMVs were only saved from the scrap head because they were transferred to the USMC first.

TMOMW

DLA=Defense Logistics Agency

I was wondering why the Marines are able to pay a contractor to remove the restricted armor, commo and armament parts to be sold as scrap separately from the HMMWV, but all the US Army HMMWVs, are destroyed by a contractor, paid by US Taxpayer money, then all sold as scrap for pennies on the dollar.

The 180 former US Army Special Forces M1025A2-based Ground Mobility Vehicles GMVs were only saved from the scrap head because they were transferred to the USMC first.
no, the GMVs were saved due to socom saying FU to dla and doing there own contract via gov dov. it pissed off dla, but they got a ton of cash for them... it was one of the things i used to prove my point.. the PAO at DLA stated to congress that the us military was only getting 500.00 ea for trucks but scrap was 5,000. this was a lie he was caught in. good thing i recorded it :)

Gamble

You should be complemented on your work, I am concerned that more HMMWVs and or MVs in general on the street means they get noticed more by the legislatures of the various states and their supporters..
Absolutely my concern as well. This is great news and an incredible personal win considering all of the sacrifice, however, more vehicles on the street will move states' in taking a look at them.

Again, congratulations on this huge win!

Last edited:

Gamble

Does anyone have a hint at just how many more hmmwvs are available to be auctioned in general? I'm curious as to how many more vehicles are there to be disposed of by the USMC & Army. Also, why is it we don't see air force hmmwvs make it to auction?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to form a team! Lobby group and we each put in 100.00 we can get longtime members here to manage it. Like Action, Tobash as long as he doesn’t want to make stuff out of plywood. Camo too. I will be in charge of releasing the funds and we can have meetings in Vegas and everyone is welcome! Hookers and blow with Coronas for the board members! We need to make it feel like government or it’s not recognized. Lol

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovPlanet owns the HMMWV’s they have in inventory , it’s just a requirement that restricted items such as armor and communications gear be removed, inspected and demilitarized /scrapped before sale to the public.
Been happening since wars were invented

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks