• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After a year finally got some time to finish

MilitaryRestoration

Well after almost a year to date from buying the m146 I finally got time to get the interior of her all reskinned, insulated, wired, floored, painted, and water proofed... :) Took about 25 hours in total over the Labor Day Weekend. Turned out a lot better than imagined and expected. I changed the lighting to more current style lighting rather than trying to find the hard to find originals, that aren't all rusted out... Plus it gives the trailer much much better lighting inside. All that is needed to do now is a little finish work, some trim and touch up and install the breaker boxes. Figured I'd post some pictures and a thread... Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks real good!! What are you going to use it for? I was thinking of using my trailer for a mobile camping unit for our group but so far it's just collected stuff we wanted to store out of the weather.

Oh well...some day...:-D

MilitaryRestoration

yup... its break in is this weekend, we are taking it to Rod Run at Long Beach, Wa 4 days 3 nights with four couples so it's been a push to get it done by then... I also still have to get the 14.00 x 20's onto the truck and the 395's onto the trailer :) I'm sure it will turn into more of a mobile sleeping shelter rather than a equipment trailer, now... And maybe before fall I can get the exterior painted as well and be done with it

MilitaryRestoration

Thank you for compliments...! It turned out better than I pictured it would so that's always a plus :). I used something called silver seal for the roof... I know there are a few different manufacturers of it... It's a goopy tar like substance that when you brush it on it is gold and then dries silver... Did that along with silicone.
Today got the 14.00 x 20's on and the 395's on the trailer, finished some touch up painting and cut the trailers lnding legs a bit to clear the bigger truck tires. Tomorrow finish electrical put another spring seat for passenger seat and do a bunch of little things. Will take pictures then as didn't have time to do so today... Btw anyone know any cross reference numbers for oil filter on 250 cummins?

bassetdeuce

Super job on the trailer! I have an M146, and have to say that they are the neatest trailers you can buy. The circuit breaker, lights, and big windows would make for a good off road RV camper.:p Unlike the M109 deuce, I can uncouple the van and drive the 5 ton around. Plus I have more room.

MilitaryRestoration

as promised.... ;-) didn't take as many pictures this year however did manage to get called by the fire department as they needed my truck to pull a semi out of the sand that was buried/stuck. Had about 150 people watching as I pulled him out ;-) and got paid enough to cover half my fuel for the weekend. Trailer worked out very nice, there are some things that i'm going to change and now are some things to fix as well but was very glad to have it on the trip!

Attachments

bassetdeuce

That beautiful setup you have there could be a lifelong hobby in itself! Just think of the improvements, and upgrades you could do, then dream of the places you could go. Congrats.

BTW, this is what we have planned for our M818 and M146. Our M129C will be used as a maintenance(sp?) van. This will take a couple of years though. It will be worth the wait. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks