• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After action report, new carburetor from Brooks engine service

elkhtr

So I got tired of fighting with the mutt's carb, and decided to try one of Brooks engine services rebuilds. Wow! this thing has never run so good. No flat spots, the only time you need choke is on dead cold start, and only for a second. I am very happy with the results.

badgerord

Brooks Engine service:

My Mutt was so messed up that it would only run with 3/4 throttle and then it was S--t!

Sent a Carb to Billy, and WOW!!! I mean WOW! Now my Mutt runs better than any Mutt I have ever driven.

Runs with almost no choke, maybe 5%

I have rebuilt carbs for my old 52 and 64 Willy's when I was a kid with no issues, but these Zenith carbs are a nightmare.
I don't know what kind of wizard type stuff he knows, but its worth the $$$

Thanks Billy!

Marty

Last edited:

AIE1

Had Bill redo my M151A2 carb in 2014, no core charge, $250.00 rebuild, 16.50 freight, great guy willing to help! Brooks Engine Service, Inc. 2065-A Gentry Street, Clearwater, FL 33765 (727) 441-9891.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks