• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After Many Hours Of Pressure Washing & 25 Rattle Cans Later...

JeffsIFAW50

Hello!
It all started with repairing a small dent... I'll just shoot a little Rust Oleum 1917 khaki over it to protect the metal. Well, maybe I'll do a little around it. Now the door looks stupid...
You've all been there before and I thought you'd appreciate the photos!

I have to sand the top down some more and put a couple more coats of paint up there due to the wind averaging 7 mph that day! And it was gusting to 21 mph so I guess the fact that any paint hit it was pretty good! I had to hold the can about 2" from the surface to get any paint on it at all! I was using a can holder/trigger attachment and put about 4-5 thin coats over it and yes it was a baked on finish! I was snow blind for hours after starting the paint job as that white paint was a killer to try to paint over in the sun.

Here's a video of some IFA W50's that must be seen to be believed and even then you wont believe it! The part of the video I'm talking about starts at 6:35 on the clock so watch closely! You know what the kids are saying in any language! One of them says: "IFA"!!! (Pronounced: E-FA) and buddy that says it all...

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3719182923067180292[/media]

Higher resolution photos of my IFA can be seen at the following link:

1985 IFA W50-4325 ACTUAL KILOMETERS-NEVER TITLED!

I'll shut up now and let you go.

Take Care,

Jeff :)
WD4IHS

www.ifaw50.com

Attachments