• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After market wheels to run larger tires

kfrosty

Thinking about going to a 38 or 39.5" tire. But would rather change to a common wheel size, 16, 17 or 18 to have more options for tires.

As of now, I've been told Interco TSL & SSR's are pretty much the only option to get a 38.5" tire.

Also, I don't want any wider tire or anything that sticks out more than stock if I can help it. Just want a little more ground clearance.

Thanks.

TedG

H2 rims will fit but the offset may set them out a little. A stock M998 with fresh springs should be able to house a 38" tire, you will need to adjust full lock. If front end is sagging, then that needs to be addressed before any other mods or lift the tub.

kfrosty

H2 rims will fit but the offset may set them out a little. A stock M998 with fresh springs should be able to house a 38" tire, you will need to adjust full lock. If front end is sagging, then that needs to be addressed before any other mods or lift the tub.
If I go with 39.5's, I'm assuming I need a 1" body lift, correct? I purchased some hockey pucks as RWH has recommended on other threads. Just haven't installed them.

TedG

With good front springs then I would think that a 1" lift is okay, else 2". Do the same for the hood too. FYI, once you approach 2" or greater, you may run into a few things:
Steering column shaft to steering gear will rub on the lower end of the opening through the fire wall,
Shifting linkage will need to be modified
Fuel tank will need to be kept close to factory position as to not interfere with right rail
Starter cables may need to be lengthened
Step stool to climb in...