• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After years of drooling we finally have a SHERMAN TANK!

hot rod deuce

Well, The day has finally came. We pick up a M4A2E8 76mm WET Sherman. It was built in February of 1945. It has the more powerful 76mm main gun and is powered by twin 6-71 Detroit Diesels, Known as the GM-6046 in the 1940's. After a quick tune up she really moves out for a 78,000 LB hunk of metal, and a pair of Screamin' Detroits to top it off! Did I mention it drips oil? :p

photo-15.jpgphoto 4-13.JPGphoto 1-24.JPGphoto 3-18.JPG

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bet I'm drooling more. Detroit powered easy 8 is by far my favorite tank. Youser!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I need to stop collecting stamps after this next purchase and get some sorta armor...

tim292stro

...After a quick tune up she really moves out for a 78,000 LB hunk of metal, and a pair of Screamin' Detroits to top it off! Did I mention it drips oil?...
Nah... Like all good DD 2-strokes, it's just marking it's territory.

That's awesome - if only I could find a practical excuse to get one of those that the wife would believe...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I mention it drips oil? :p
Yes, you said it had Detroits in it. :)

My Dad was a gunner in Korea and he said he could shoot around corners with his 76. After he told me he then told me how.

Good looking piece of armor. My two favorites are an M1 and an M4.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C'mon Tony, post up a video of that machine on the move. Detroits in stereo must sound awesome, especially under load.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C'mon Tony, post up a video of that machine on the move. Detroits in stereo must sound awesome, especially under load.

Oh, how I agree!! Please? Congrats on your purchase and thanks for another excuse to go get a napkin while at the computer! LOL

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks