• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After years of waiting, i finally bought an M37

MidNightRider

I am now the proud owner of an M37, Dated 1952. the fun begins, I am going to keep it as close to original as possible, doing some upgrades to the lighting with more modern military light. needs some parts that I do not have at the time. but at least I have one. going to send it off to media blast and then painted OD semi gloss green. not making a 10 of out 10 trophy winner. just something to piddle around in.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Now there's a project to keep you happy and busy for a long while. Nice truck, and deserves all the attention you seem to want to lavish on it.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a very straight truck to begin with. Tailgate is very nice and the front bumper is straight (quite uncommon). Hopefully the rest of your truck is in similar condition.

Good Luck with your project! I've had my '52 for 35 years (only pick up I've owned. They are great trucks, just be prepared to go slow (but you can go anywhere).

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Nice M37. I had a 1951 and loved driving it. Converted all the lighting to 12 volt which was very easy and made getting parts a lot easier.

MidNightRider

Thanks, The truck is pretty in good shape, it's just the paint job flaking off. the only major rust is the compartment under the drivers seat. that panel is all rusted out. the truck has been converted to 12 by a bunch of 8 year olds. there are wires running all over the place. I plan on putting 24 volts back into it. my local fire dept had one back in 1977. I worked all my spare time on it. painting it fire engine red and when the call went out for a brush fire, that was my truck to go in. I have been looking for years. but my new wife likes the idea of getting one and she supported me 100% on getting this. I gave it a good pressure wash today and found these while washing it. so now I know where it was at after it's service time.

Attachments

TGP (IL)

Nice Find.
As others said should keep you busy for a while.
Most parts are plentiful from vendors and private sellers.
These are Great Trucks to have.
Visit G 741 site too and register it. The site is dedicated to M37 and a great bunch of folks over there.
Between there ,here and the PWA you will get all the help you need.

http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/forums/index.php

Tom

Last edited: