• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket front axle inner seals / retainers?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I just installed them on my truck. Side-by-side I can see why this new style tubular seal (like a "sock") is superior to the stock setup. It has a larger sealing surface, sits at a different location on the driveshaft (compared to where the stock seal has already worn a very slight groove) and is super flexible when t comes to driveshaft movements. Buying them already set in the retainer eliminates one round of pressing stuff in and out and one less chance to damage a seal. I am usually quiet about endorsing stuff, but their axle boots and upgraded inner seals need to be highlighted as high quality products. Plus, they are USA made and not NewStar from Asia.

Last edited:

Clay James

I put those on both of my trucks and highly recommend them! After losing the seals three times I was about to say screw it you can leak then. Put these in and years later they're still dry.

yolner

Yes, I just installed them on my truck. Side-by-side I can see why this new style tubular seal (like a "sock") is superior to the stock setup. It has a larger sealing surface, sits at a different location on the driveshaft (where the stock seal has already worn a very slight groove) and is super flexible when t comes to driveshat movements. Buying them already set in the retainer eliminates one round of pressing stuff in and out and one less chance to damage a seal. I am usually quiet about endorsing stuff, but their axle boots and upgraded inner seals need to be highlighted as high quality products. Plus, they are USA made and not NewStar from Asia.
That's good to hear. Plus the seal should be a modern part and so we'll be able to get new ones if they're ever needed. Also thanks for the info on the boots. I've been hesitating on buying those because of all the bad reviews for the chinesium ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks