• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket seatbelts

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone replaced their seatbelts with something other than the immi military belts? The lock function on my belts is basically nonexistent. If I rear ended someone I would go straight through the windshield with the seatbelt looking like an umbilical connected to an astronaut. I have my cab gutted for sound deadening and now is the best time to chunk them.

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did! I replaced them with some black belts. I can’t find where I purchased them from but I remember them being pretty straightforward. Like from a vintage car website.
Thanks for the reply. I would love to get some in black. Scheelman seats were on the short splurge list for this truck and matching them in black would be great. Do you have any other photos of your setup? It looks awesome and well thought out. I am in full design mode at the moment and am trying to lock down which way to go in some areas.

2Wheels

I agree, the perforated panels look great! Do you have a thread with more pictures of your interior? I am seeing a lot of good small details.

Third From Texas

If you are animatedly opposed to being ejected thru the windshield, you may want to stick with keeping the female end attached to the actual truck and not the seat itself.

ymmv

There are lots of aftermarket seatbelt and harness solutions (especially in the racing world) but be aware of non-DOT items (not that I ever failed an inspection with racing harnesses in my cars, but I've heard of people who did).

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you covered up the driver's rear window. A bit of a useless window at times I would admit. What about the other window can you post more interior pics? It's looking very nice. I'm still trying to find a double wide seat to fit the middle that folds down but isn't as thick and tall as f250 rear jump seats. 27 to 32 in wide (32 if I remove my armrests)IMG_20230828_110343.jpgIMG_20230828_110349.jpg

Third From Texas

That seat is out of a Chrysler minivan. That is DOT approved and all of my attachments are way over kill with all grade eight hardware.
My thread on steel soldiers is Keith’s M1078A1 Project Overland. It has all the pictures.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't specifying your install. I was talking to the OP.

I have Pacifica seats. They have their own recover on the seat. I opted to use the OEM female receiver that is actually bolted to the truck floor

As I said, ymmv

Huge fan of your build, btw

:)

Resized_20210712_160517.jpeg

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I1693253312052.jpeg1693253357115.jpeg1693253386051.jpeg1693253236451.jpeg
I originally had these in there back in the day. They are the front center jump seat out of a f150. Use to be able to buy them for like $150 including shipping from flea bay. I ended up giving them to a friend. Also I bought black seat covers because they typically are grey.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and to the covering the back windows. My opinion…. totally useless and very difficult to trim out the insulated wall panels for something I can’t see out of, so I made the decision to make them go away.
1693256260456.jpeg
fabricating the over head storage.
1693257460294.jpeg
1693257495401.jpegI Filled all the low areas with 1” thick adhesive backed insulation with the foil on one side. Then fabricated the wall and ceiling panels with 1/4” plywood with 1” thick foam insulation that had the perforated naugahyde on it. For 2” insulation every where. Lowered the DB by 10DB. Can now have a normal conversation inside.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pictures before I painted the doors.
View attachment 904591View attachment 904592Under seat lock boxes. For the essentials!😉View attachment 904593Behind the seat storage, I made them out of 3/4” Starboard.
View attachment 904594Over head storage.
View attachment 904595
So for your lockable under seat storage /seat mount is that something off the shelf that you found to just happen to fit or is that a custom thing you made because hey I'm thinking you could sell those on the side!

Ned81

Nice job. I just finished my ceiling and back wall. How in the world did you get them in there in one piece?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks