• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Starter Relay

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a problem with the starter on my M1008 so I pulled the starter. The armature is knackered, so I ordered a gear reduction unit.

For grins and giggles, I went by NAPA and got another starter relay, just for prosperity sake. The following is what I got, it has an extra connection and the bracket is on the wrong side. I assume that this is ok to use, what are your thoughts?

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must have been sleeping in class......LOL

that type of relay is just not strong enough for the job.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wasn't sleeping in class, and DANGED yall is MEAN - LOL !! rofl
OK, guys, I'll do the DH relay[thumbzup]....Was just trying to get out of having to make something, been busy...

Please dont beat me daddy!

Glad you weren't sleeping in class.....;-)

Just trying to save you a hard lesson. Too many of that style relay have failed and burned up starters, wiring and batteries.

Those relays starter life as A/C relays. The internal springs for the contacts are not up to the job.

Doghead's Relay Upgrade is a simple replacement for the weak design. Is it the only way to do it? Of course not, but it works and is low cost. Very cheap insurance.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I alway like the orpan trucks.......kind of like the "Island of Misfit Toys" on Rudolph. No body loves them.....LOL

Great GL finds..driven into lot...won't start...dead batteries...no keys...etc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks