• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

age old question regarding AC in a 09

Ive spent a considerable amount of time searching old threads and posts.. regarding installing AC.. others went the route of NAP kits OD iron kits, etc... however, i've always not really liked the install... function yes.. but not the looks.. Anyways.. ive thought maybe doing a hybrid setup, using the factory parts from a Civi truck.. and just making it work... however.. due to the pending turbo install, i know that.. more than likely it will create more mods or issues to deal with... Others have went that route, and wasnt pleased with the nightmare\ cost getting it to work.. unless they went with R12.... So i came across this today.. and even tried to call to gather more intel, but avast! they were already closed...

I wondering though if anyone here has look into this setup or has gone this route.. or if it's just this "new" not alot of people know yet... its by Vintage Air its the new GenIV SureFit system for 1964-87 Chevy/GMC Pick-Up ... I already know i probably will not need the "complete" kit, as i know i will have to fab up brackets for compressor to mount on the Driver side, and will need different hoses... and try to use/mod OEM duct work, while keeping the blackout switch panel alone as well as the batt/gen gauge.. I'm really liking the idea of this setup.. its a bit more than the others, however if it provides a nice clean install and look i think it should be worth the extra $...

http://www.vintageair.com/catalog11/pg38wc.pdf

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

That is more or less what I have. Just a different control. It does not get too cold in the 1009. I think the lack of insulation and large space are too much for it!

Good luck
Danny

yeah.. i knew that from research.. that i will have to do some major insulating.. Im holding off on that until i complete my bodywork... (replace floor panels, rockers... etc ) no sense in doing it now, then have to pull it all back out again... i plan on double covering inside of firewall, seals, foam on ceiling.. and what not... also look a bit further into the ceramic vaccum powder stuff, to be mixed in the paint...

is yours design for only 134a? wondering if you pumped R12 into it, would it run cooler...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks