• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Agua Fria

aleigh

So from the Arizona department, I had a friend fly in from Denver and we had a nice weekend out around the Agua Fria national monument. This is really my second trip out there looking for petroglyphs and this time we hit pay-dirt. Was muddy from recent rains (yes it does rain in Arizona) the first time but everything was dry this time out. Took the Celestron C9.25 and had some great views when night fell.

Little bit of a glitch in the morning. One of the (pair) of alternator belts was loose and slipping, so the alternator was not making good power (stuck in the yellow). I had a replacement belt and tools but pulling the fan is a pain so instead I managed to hang off a ratchet strap pulling the alternator taught while my friend cinched the bolt up. Got enough tension on the belt to get us going. The truck can drive a long time w/o a working alternator I think – the only thing that really needs power is the tranny ecu? – but best not to chance it when you can fix it right?

Pictures are here;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventioneering/with/25360507975/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks