• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ahhhhh which Deuce

klsmith925

well im still trying to decide which duece to get the a2 or a3 i love the manual transmission but at he same time i like the cat so im kinda stuck in between which child i like more lol what are the pros and cons of the two models. i still have plenty time to decide just seeing what the options out there yup 8 months until i get home and so much researching to do AHHHHHHHH the duece fever is overwhelming

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There literally half a dozen threads which very thoroughly list the pros and cons of each model and many members who owned each (and several who own both) commented on the threads.

I would start your search with a phrase of something like "A2 vs. A3" or "M35A2 AND M35A3 AND versus" or something like that.

Once you find one of those threads, discussion needs to be carried to those pre-existing threads.

Thanks!

C

jaymcb

I have the A3 flavored deuce, and I'm relatively new to it. Driven it about 600 miles since I got it.

I like the fact that I got one with less than 500 on the clock, and have relatively serviceable parts, but the ESP updated machines gave a lot up too....like being multi-fueled, the 5 speed, and a LOT on top speed and tune-abliity (max 50MPH in the CAT) Listening to the cat at 50MPH and the 2700RPM redline will set your teeth on edge.

The CTIS has been glitchy on mine, and the head unit is dead. The A3 wheels are 2 piece, and several of mine leak.

Even with only a little over 1000 miles on the clock, I have 2 oil leaks I am tracking down.

The auto trans was nice to have while dealing with Traffic on the way back from my recovery. The air assist power steering is key too.

Parts for the Cat and Allison transmission are pretty readily available on the A3's.

Hope this helps a little.

Welder Sam

Just buy 1 of each. Thats what ive done. 2 deuces in under a week. First one was delivered and i just got the 2nd one home from a 397 mile drive home. Hit 63 in this one! Only did it once. Try it, you'll understand

klsmith925

lol thanks guys those bearings are rediculous i havent been a very big fan on ctis systems either ill prolly roll with the a2 i just like the cat motor might just transplant it who knows slowly collecting ideas i like the 100dollar mans work his bobbed dueces look great cant wait to get one and cruise around town theres not very many people cruising dueces there

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking both....My wife isn't going to be happy, but I'm mulling over buying an A2 to go along with the A3.
I've got both. I like both, but so far the A2 has been much much more dependable than the A3, gets better mileage and goes faster. However, I'm keeping both, but don't tell my wife.

lol thanks guys those bearings are rediculous i havent been a very big fan on ctis systems either ill prolly roll with the a2 i just like the cat motor might just transplant it who knows slowly collecting ideas i like the 100dollar mans work his bobbed dueces look great cant wait to get one and cruise around town theres not very many people cruising dueces there
I was told that if you scrap the CTIS, that you can use A2 seals and bearings...

klsmith925

i will definantly stop by mcmullen glad to see theres some people around the springs with dueces lol sorry guys i didnt want to start a a2 vs a3 lol but if you combine the two together and creat a a4 then there is no battle right lol any how im probally gonna do a bobbed a2 with 49s:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks