• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Brake Conversion....M818..?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
#2, i dont think the mixing of the two brakes would matter, i wonder if anybody can tell us what the difference on stopping, brakeing pressure on the drums, ect is between the to types

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Yes 73M819 you can mix & match and use the proper proportioning valve, we chose not to for a few reasons:

-We wanted to utilize all Mil. parts for the braking system to make it look as if it was an MWO as well as its great performance and function. We didn't want to start hodgepodging things.

-We didn't want to have the civvy cans hang down like a ball sack and possibly be damaged off road.

APM215

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has come up with a parts list or part numbers to do the conversion using civvy parts? Like an A to Z list of what you need. Please don’t say you can buy the kit from eastern surplus the prices are way out of my range, I was thinking of junk yard parts, I just need to know what to look for.