• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air brake trailer behind M35A3 ?

338ken

Just got a really nice M35A3 and it has standard pintel hitch and air brake hookups. Has anybody pulled a air brake trailer with one? My Peterbilt and dump truck have a air brake lever on the steering column but deuce does not. I have a landscape tractor and a roller I would like to pull if the air brakes on the deuce are enough. Surely it would pull more than my F350. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1: Any civilian air brake trailer will work with tactical military trucks having air or air/hyd systems , doesn't matter ..

2: The trailer gladhands hook to their respective receps in same manner as they do in the commercial world ..

3: The inverse is also true: a commercial truck with air can haul a military air or air/hydraulic trailer .. ( be careful of where
the landing gear will be during a tight turn if it's a semitrailer, one might have to slide the 5th wheel all the way back or fold
back the legs) ..

4: For decades, I have performed both sides of the situation ..

5: as Jbulach said above, the deuce will do fine without a johnnybar as long as its system works as it should.. I add the following
to be more specific, your civilian trailer brakes have to be adjusted right up to where they need to be .. I have been guilty of
using the johnnybar in military and commercial trucks to compensate for trailer brakes that need to be tightened up ..

6: as you know, there is no better assistant than a johnnybar when starting on hills , thus if I had a deuce hauling an equip trailer,
I would also want to install a johnny in it, like you ;)

Last edited: