• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air brake warning buzzer.

Robert N

Hello All, I am new to the website and am still learning to navigate my way around it. I was a dyed in the wool Dodge Power Wagon, Dodge military vehicle lover for years and I still a own an m37 and wc52. I recentley bought a Bobbed Deuce from a Shawn Dahrens in Oregon. It is a great truck and I love driving it. Recently, the brake warning buzzer has been acting odd. The pressure gauge has been showing normal pressure build up as it normally does but the buzzer will not come on some of the time or starts buzzing after the pressure has come into the normal range. I finally had to disconnect it but I don't want to leave it that way. Can someone explain to me how it functions and what the problem might be? Robert.

eagle4g63

There is a pressure switch under the dash in the main air manifold, it activates the buzzer, which is electric. The air switch might be what is causing your problems, could be sticking.

If you look under your dash you will find a square box mounted to the firewall, that is the buzzer, follow the wire from it to the switch (should be just lower and to the left of the box)

Robert N

I did find the wire going to the pressure switch, thats how I disconnected it. Does the pressure switch have power that goes to it?? Looks like it could be a real pain to replace?? Robert

HanksDeuce

Try hitting the air buzzer with a hammer. If a hammer don't fix it you got yourself an electrical problem. This philosophy works on pretty much everything deuce related...

JimmyThompson

I had the same issue and found my electrical terminal on the pressure switch had wasted away to nothing. I got a new one on Ebay for $27 shipped. It was tough to get my 6'2" frame into the cab half-upside down to install. But I managed. Also be mindful of the "signal flasher module" on the opposite side of the firewall. Mine was grounded to the nut holding the pressure switch on. Which of course suggests you be mindful of the nut(s) dropping as you unscrew the pressure switch. I had to sift through the grass where I parked my truck! I hope this helps.

Blendmaster2002

Hello Robert, you can take the Air pressure warning switch apart and inspect/clean it, over the years they can collect dirt and condensation residue which will lead to malfunction when the contacts get corroded and or have an air leak. The rubber diaphragm could also fail or not reseal properly, which then replacement is your only option. Be careful to properly disassemble it or you will damage the rubber diaphragm by twisting it.

In this thread I describe taking it apart and another member shows a picture after disassembly.
New 109 with a few issues I cant find in the Manuals. Need help from the old soldiers: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...d-help-from-the-old-soldiers&referrerid=19939

Here are a few more threads about the Air Pressure Warning Switch:

Air leak, what is this part?: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106221-Air-leak-what-is-this-part&referrerid=19939

Air Leak: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34530-Air-Leak&referrerid=19939

Last edited: