• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor differance m939 vs m809

EO2NMCB

Other than different part numbers what is the difference? Is a m939 air compressor backwards compatible? I've seen some listings say it only fits m939 truck, while others are listed as fitting both.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Other than different part numbers what is the difference? Is a m939 air compressor backwards compatible? I've seen some listings say it only fits m939 truck, while others are listed as fitting both.

Sorry I was thinkin small cam vs big cam. So ill change it. They are the same compressor. They use the same output port 1/2" to a flared fitting. Only difference Is there the discharge line comes in from straight on the rear on a M939 and from the top on a M809

I have a compressor if you are in need.

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

I've got a m813 I bought for parts. However its in great shape and runs well, just having a hard time convincing myself to starts pulling parts off of it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've got a m813 I bought for parts. However its in great shape and runs well, just having a hard time convincing myself to starts pulling parts off of it.
Well if you need one off a M939 Ive got one with about 10 hours on it as a takeoff. Ill make you a pretty good deal with shipping. Just let me know. They are fun to get on and off too. That back bolt is a booger even with the right wrench.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the 800/900 (NHC) series is spline driven, the 900A2 (C8.3) is gear driven. The turbo/non turbo should be a non issue, IIRC, the unloaders were the same as were the cylinder components.