• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor governor replacent m923a2

Kodiakkris400

The other day while using my 923a2 the pressure relief started blowing off and I noticed the air gauges maxed out. After some research into the air system and logical thinking I did a couple of tests. I removed the unloading line from the compressor and aired up the truck to 120psi only to notice no air coming from the unloading line. I hooked up shop air to the unloader, fanned down the truck to 50psi and fired it up. The truck wouldn't build air as it shouldn't, removed the shop air and it did. I feel it's safe to say the compressor/unloader is functioning properly which lead me straight to the governor. After turning the governor all the way in (lowest pressure possible) the truck airs up to 120psi as normal, then creeps its way to 150 (or past, that's where the gauge stops) and blows the relief. My logical thinking is the governor is malfunctioning, but my main question is I can't find an exact match to the part number on the governor, or a cross reference to another (bendix part#T-293975-D). Anyone have a similar problem and/or used a different replacement part?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do your windshield wipers or horn work when it's building too much pressure? If not, I'd look at the PPV before the govenor. If they do, then it's the governor.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think it is the governor or the line going to it. It is a std. part you can get at a truck parts house.
If the dryer is not popping off, then the compressor is not turning off.

Kodiakkris400

That's what I was thinking M35A2-AZ. Stopped at Napa in my travels and gave them the part# referenced in the sticky for parts reference at the top of this sub forum. Got a little sticker shock as I've heard alot of people talking $15-$20 for a governor and they quoted me 65+15 for freight as its in Arizona and I'm in Maryland. Suppose I'll be turning back to Google with my new part#. Thanks for confirming my thoughts guys! I hate throwing money at a problem...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Midland kn18530 is the stock unit in most heavy duty apps and will work just fine in the M939. The military uses the higher temp one but it really does not come into play IMHO

Kodiakkris400

This may be a trivial question, but the only stupid question is one that isn't asked... Ive looked into the Midland kn18530 and it LOOKS like the same part, but I know looks can be deceiving. The cut in/out specs look the same as the Bendix T-293975-D that's currently in my truck, but the Midland kn18530 lists the Bendix part# it replaces as a 275491. Also just to note I have an M923, not an M939.

bchauvette

Last time I got one I went to the Mack dealer. showed them the old governor and asked if they had one. He walked right to the bin. Price was reasonable,
exact match.

Your diagnostics process is spot on, 2 stars :)

Kodiakkris400

Thanks again guys! Much appreciated:lol: ordered one online to the door for $26 as my work schedule gets hectic and I don't NEED the truck for anything in particular.