• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Pulley

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am replacing all the belts and hoses on my deuce. In looking over TM 2320-209-20-3-2, page 13-252 the instructions refer to loosening the crankshat nut with a 1 1/8' socket, and then using a compressor pulley tool, (I have the 2 special wrenches) loosen the the outer pulley. My questions are 2:

1. Is it necessary to loosen the crank nut in the center of the compressor pulley?
2. Facing the engine, does the outer or forward-most pulley half turn clock-wise or counter clock-wise to loosen?

I have soaked everything in PB Blaster. There is quite a bit of rust on the back pulley nut and the crank shaft nut and I do not want to force either in the wrong direction.

Thanks for your help. :smile:

littlebob

I had to remove the bolt and use a puller to the whole thing off to separate in a vice. I had to work on mine for a few days heating, beating and soaking. Good Luck!

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks littlebob and hoop. I soaked the bolts, pulley nut and threads with PB Blaster and using the compressor pulley wrenches, the pulley came apart, no problem. The cost of the compressor wrenches are worth double the price!! :driver:

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
go to the classified section and look under "Tools" Comdiver sells them for $60.00 a set. Believe me, they are worth double that! Good guy to work with.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks