• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Conditioning?

conny

Ok, here's a weird question. Is there enough room to mount a small air conditioning compressor to cool the cab? Curious because my Volvo compressor is only about 4.5" diameter.
If it has been done, anyone have photos?

Thank you.

1958 M274

Anything is possible with enough time and money. There is a lot of room in the Gama Goat engine compartment. You'd have to be creative to mount and drive the A/C compressor. Where would you mount the condenser? If you want a Gama Goat for R&D purposes I have a couple for sale...

conny

Thanks for the reply Joe. If there isn't enough room to mount a slim condenser in front of fan, I thought louvering/hood scooping the motor cover and mounting it underneath with electric fan/s. I'm just spit balling here trying to get ideas.

My wife would never ride in a vehicle (any) without air. At 59 in so-so health, I'm kinda feeling the same way too.

m38inmaine

Another member here proposed installing one of the red dot military ac units on the hard top roof. Seems to be the easiest solution.

conny

Red Dot stuff is expensive. Looking to possibly transfer a car air service to goat. I in vision something that functions and looks good. It only has to cool the small cab so unit doesn't have to be that huge. Anyway, thanks for the responses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks