• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air control for trailers

Patgonia53

I dont even know where to begin to look for this... is there a switch or button that releases or holds air in the system and transfers it to m105 trailer... except attaching the glanhands... Just got my M105 and my diesel mechanic friend said "all trucks have a botton or switch that sends the air to the trailer". He works on tractor-trailers... not military trucks...
Did I miss something... I looked at all the TM's I could think to look at and couldnt find an answer

Thanks for your help...Again

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not in an air/hydraulic system. The valve he refers to bleeds the air off and lets the maxis engage on current air systems. You glad hands are the only shutoff valves on the deuce/105 combo. Does your trailer have one or two air lines?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turn on the gate valves in front of the gladhands. Make sure your red trailer hose is hooked up to the gladhand on the right rear side of your truck.

3dAngus

First time I hooked up a trailer to my old M109, it didn't work. A very knowledgeable person on this site told me dirt dobbers sometimes climb in the open holes and build a nest. He told me to run a wire in there and see if any dirt comes out.

There was a nest. Dirt did come out after I ran the wire up it and turned on the valve again. It worked. Amazing the things we can learn and pass on that one would have never thought of on his own, at least, not in short order. Saved me a ton of time in troubleshooting.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the glad hand air valve handle orientation on an M35A2 is the opposite of "normal".

KsM715

DH, that was going to be my reply.

The quarter turn handles on the MV stuff do not operate the same as the ones you would buy from the hardware store. If the handle is inline with the airline the valve is closed, perpendicularto the line and it is open.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks