• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Disc Brakes

wehring

Anyone of you custom builders thought about converting your wedge air brakes to any of the new air disc brakes on commercial trucks?

They make 19.5, 22.5 and 24.5 versions. May be an interesting upgrade to do the the new set of axles I am putting under the M923 before they go under...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

armytruck63

Sounds like a good idea, at least in theory. The discs will probably dissipate heat better and the are largely self clearing of mud and water, unlike drums.

hklvette

If you use 22.5 versions, you can switch to the wheels too and get access to cheaper tires. The only downside that I know of is the lack of aggressive tread for 22.5 rims.

4trans

yeah XL/XLZ are nice Is there a simple way to convert im familar with air disk brakes but not hubs and the like

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks