• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air drop bumper pintle extension trailer receptacle

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Have this air drop setup on a truck that I bought. Thinking about swapping the bumper and Rhino carrier over to my truck. The trailer harness on the truck dosnt reach the new mounting location. If I dont want to use the pintle extension, I have seen a flat plate with the pintle on the airdrop bumper. Can anyone provide insight into this? thanks
Will
airdrop.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is slack to make it reach in every truck but you have to remove the wiring from 2 or 3 of the existing bolted on loom clamps and route differently. Part of the pintle extension kit is a small *45 bracket on the inside of the bumper to mount a new loom clamp. That loom clamp and the bracket you show in the picture are rare as hen's teeth and awful proud of them when you do find them.

I just wrapped all the exposed wiring in loom tubing and did not use the small bracket. It worked great. Check out my thread is you need any pics.

You can use the extension and a rhino tire carrier. You ditch the existing tire carrier bump bracket and add an L to your extension to hold it in place. Also pics in my thread.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
My airdrop bumper has the hole for the pintle. Yours has a plate over the bumper that the pintle bolts up to. I dont really like the extension. The only thing I might tow is a small generator. I have the complete Rhino setup on the pictured truck.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My airdrop bumper has the hole for the pintle. Yours has a plate over the bumper that the pintle bolts up to. I dont really like the extension. The only thing I might tow is a small generator. I have the complete Rhino setup on the pictured truck.
Then Yes, All you need is the block off plate that the trailer connector & cover bolts to. You might also need a different collar spacer for the pintle on the inside. It seems the airlift bumper needs the longer spacer with a built in zerk fitting. New Holland makes it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sure if you know someone. Humvees in general are not my area of expertise. Funny it’s the only thing I ever drove in the military.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks