• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Drop trucks. Dumb questions

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost the all of the cab on the outside is covered in it.
Probably for Combat Identification Panels. These were panels used to ID friendly vehicles through thermal sites. The truck in the picture only has them on the side of the cab but there would have been ones on the front as well. There will be 4 holes where the shown panels are (at least that's the way my truck is). But there was also tape residue where (I'm assuming) they also used velcro to assist holding the panels on.

CIP Truck.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

jpinst

I have both trucks. The LVAD is the same as the MTV, with a different cab and different set up to lower the spare (kind of a small crane), which is also used to fit the top of the cab. Thats it. My LVAD even has a winch. I would think the A/C set up would be the same for any of the trucks, just don't create a set up where the condenser fans are mounted on the cab. As mentioned, they go under the radiator anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks