• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air dryer and filter install

res0wc18

so who here has install an air dryer and filter system on their truck?

I thinks jones did one on the baby hemitt, a bendix ad-9 i think

so where did you mount it? when does it hook into the air system?

Im going to be doing this on a bobbed duece

jsb

I have a bendix ad-9 installed on my duece. It hooks up to the air line from the compresser to the air tanks. Then you have to tee off the small line on the compresser and run a small line to the ad-9. Pic shows it on the outside of frame where the spare tire was.

Attachments

jsb

The line from the compressor to tank remove from tank and put in on the in side of the dryer. Run a line from the out side of the dryer to the tank.

Jones

Most wreckers that handle big trucks just pull them off and throw them in a pile.
I rooted around and picked out the one that looked like it would fit in best.

IMA944T

I ahve looked at these from some semi parts stores. But they were big. I guess I will look at a salavge yard for trucks. What did yours cost 2nd hand.

dusterjh

I apologize for my ignorance but what is the use/benefit for the deuce? I'm sure I could find articles online somewhere but I don't know what they do, just a quick note would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
Joe
Towanda, PA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks