• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Dryer Fixed!! - Was Stuck on the side of the road!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insert finger in the hole in the bottom of the dryer and you'll feel a bolt head. Push up to close the valve.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might save the expense of a repair kit by removing the valve cover from the bottom of the dryer, pull the poppet out (grab the bolt head with pliers or vise grips and pull down), clean all of it well, grease it well and re-assemble if you do not see any damaged seals. Most of these problems happen from not enough use and the grease gets hard or completely not there.

brazengoat06

You might save the expense of a repair kit by removing the valve cover from the bottom of the dryer, pull the poppet out (grab the bolt head with pliers or vise grips and pull down), clean all of it well, grease it well and re-assemble if you do not see any damaged seals. Most of these problems happen from not enough use and the grease gets hard or completely not there.
Took the cover off and there is a snap ring. Removed that and still couldn't get the valve to come out. But I worked the valve up and down a bit and got it temporally fixed. Can you clarify how to remove the valve to clean it. Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the cover off and there is a snap ring. Removed that and still couldn't get the valve to come out. But I worked the valve up and down a bit and got it temporally fixed. Can you clarify how to remove the valve to clean it. Thanks
If you have never serviced the air dryer ( filters ect.) cleaning and greasing the valve is a band-aid fix. It is never a good idea to cut corners on the air system or air brakes in general to save a few dollars.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just get the replacement one from suprman. The rebuild kit is nearly the same price. When you mount the replacement one move it up higher on the bracket to drill the bolt holes to lessen the risk of it being hit by something if you go play in the mud.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Band aid is to close the valve and crack air drains so that the system can't reach max. Or get an air dryer filter unit off a shop air compressor and rig it into the two inlet / outlet fittings to catch moisture. About 20$

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks