• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Dryer Issues On '86 AM Gen M934...

The HUlk

My pressure however now builds to 130psi++ and climbing. I pumped the brakes to bleed off the system down to 115psi and watched it build back to 130psi+ again. I remembered that the old unit would purge at about 125psi.
During normal operation a seperate device on the engine side of the firewall called the air governor signals the air dryer to blow off and the compressor unloader valve to stop supplying air pressure to the air dryer at a set pressure of around 120psi. There is a safety valve in the air system called a pressure protection valve usually found on the tank the air dryer feeds(wet tank). This valve senses low air condition(less than 60psi?) and will starve the air governor, horn, wipers, etc. for air. This protection valve is spring loaded and when it sticks the governor will call for more air to be made, and not blow off the air dryer like it should. If your horn or wipers quit working that is the symptom this valve is sticking. I had to take mine off, pour a little ATF in it and work the valve with a small diameter rod. Haven't had overbuilding air issues since doing this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks