• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air escaping from under the hood

sermis

I have not driven the big ugly in a couple weeks. 67 M35A2. I went about 2 miles from the house and was making a stop to buy a winch from a rollback wrecker. As I rolled to a stop there was a pop from under the hood and I could hear air escaping and pressure dropping. Turned off the truck and when I re started the pressure built to around 60-70 with air escaping.
When I got home I checked and air was coming from the regulator valve or what ever it is that is on the firewall close to the passenger side. Is there a repair kit for it or does it need to be replaced. I also put my finger over the air intake on the air compressor. It would pull my finger tight but not really suck it in. Is this normal?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Air escaping from under the rood

They are dirt cheap, replace it! OD Iron has em.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You can get them at your local NAPA or whatever you have near you. Should cost les than $20.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Air governer. They are way simple. Alot of times, if things sit, you can give it a squirt or two at both lines going into the governer with marvel mystery or an equivilant air up and give it a few love taps and it will free up