• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air filter element Q

Jim Hunter

Happy new year guys!

I bought an Fleetguard part # AF1628 for my M1008 but seems a bit high to be able to close fully the airbox ?
Is this part # correct for an M1008 or not as also the # AF1985 has identical dimensions ??

Thank you,
Jim

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the -20P TM to identify the original filter, it was an AC Delco A644C.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then, using the Fleetguard cross reference site, the correct filter is AF1985.

Drock

I won't do any harm, in fact if anything it would help performance, but will make ah lot of noise. Back in high school me and all my friends used to flip the lid on upside down on or dads cars to make ah poor mans open element air filter.:twisted:

the skull

Probably won't do much harm being too tall other than making intake noise greater.

So that means it could actually be LOUDER under the hood than it is now?
Is that possible? I kind of wanted to put a stereo in it to have music when
I'm working around the barnyard with the engine off, but I don't know if
I could hear music going down the road as it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks