• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air filter options

Dayron84

One thing on my maintenance list is to get the air filter replaced. Anyone have suggestions for an “upgraded “ filter as in K&N for example? Same filter as H1 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing on my maintenance list is to get the air filter replaced. Anyone have suggestions for an “upgraded “ filter as in K&N for example? Same filter as H1 ?

has lists of most major manufacturer filters with part numbers. Includes a K&N washable filter, but it's easily twice the price (or more) of the paper ones, and for clean air driving conditions the paper ones last a long time.

As far as I know the H1 diesels run the same setup as the military diesels for air filter (except the Alpha) so if it's designed for the H1 diesel it should work for the HMMWV if you're talking about changing to a different air intake and filter style.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Other diesel truck forums point to / have measured more particulates passing thru those K&N filters. Thought about one. Looked at the surface area of the stock one. Compared it to the civy / CUCV 6.2 filter (trucks owned) and figured for the $$, stock should last a long time for hobby use and my desert driving.

Something to think about, CAMO

Dayron84

has lists of most major manufacturer filters with part numbers. Includes a K&N washable filter, but it's easily twice the price (or more) of the paper ones, and for clean air driving conditions the paper ones last a long time.

As far as I know the H1 diesels run the same setup as the military diesels for air filter (except the Alpha) so if it's designed for the H1 diesel it should work for the HMMWV if you're talking about changing to a different air intake and filter style.
Excellent resource to have handy. Thank you

DREDnot

Yeah, Oiled "performance" air filters are a bad deal. Ive tried them, and they are not to be recommended. They DO pass more and larger particles of dust, and they suck oil into the intake and then coat it with said dust. They cause more damage to gas engines by coating their IAT sensors and valve stems with this mung.

The military grade surplus filters are Huge on purpose compared to the tiny intake and exhaust sizes. They are made to still have plenty of air for the engine while carrying like 10 lbs of trapped dust.

Dry paper filters for the win.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks