• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air force Deuce production

AMX

Anyone know how many of these air force dueces, with the dual brake system, were made? Are they fairly common?

wsucougarx

They are not fairly common as ONLY the '87, '88, and '89's (NOT REBUILDS) had them. In fact my US Army '88 M109A3 has the dual circuit brakes as well. So I'm thinking all M44A2 from '87-'89 had them.

AMX

Sorry, typo. I am looking at a 1985 model from an air force base that has the dual system. I guess that could be a title error?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry, typo. I am looking at a 1985 model from an air force base that has the dual system. I guess that could be a title error?
1. I don't think an '85 will have split circuit brakes. That's '86-up. clintogf has an '85 and it's a single circuit system.

2. Many of your recent questions about the late model trucks either have answers in pre existing threads or they (the questions) belong in threads that already exist.

The question about production and rarity would be perfect for this thread, which is sort of the "standard" late model deuce info thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/18225-later-model-usaf-contract-m35a2c-spotters-guide.html

This is another thread about the late model trucks:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/18194-air-force-m35a2-trucks.html

AMX

Many of your recent questions about the late model trucks either have answers in pre existing threads or they (the questions) belong in threads that already exist.
Sorry, I will just go back to lurking. But the title still states 1985 and it does have dual brake system. Thanks,everyone.

OD_Coyote

FWIW - I have an 86 ex-USAF truck and it does not have dual cirucit brakes, while my oldest son had an 87 ex-USAF truck and it did have dual circuit brakes.
IMHO - I would be more concerned about the overal condition of the truck itself and I would go with a truck with single circuit brakes if it was in better condition. I knew a guy with M35 wtih the much sought after dual circuit brakes and he actually lost his braking ability due to a corroded hard brake line letting go. (I dont recall which line) If you take good care of your truck, including the brake system as single circuit system will serve you well.

wsucougarx

Many of your recent questions about the late model trucks either have answers in pre existing threads or they (the questions) belong in threads that already exist.
Sorry, I will just go back to lurking. But the title still states 1985 and it does have dual brake system. Thanks,everyone.
Must be a typo as the dual circuit brakes were standard in the '87 and up trucks. My '86 USAF M35A2C does NOT have dual circuit brakes. The only way to fully verify it is get under the truck and look for TWO airpacks.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks