• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force Ford C700?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a Cat, 3208 engine. It was considered a "throw away" engine when it was released, as was the B when it was released. Parent bore block.....no liners. They are repairable if something happens cylinder wise. Lots of those were running around back in the day, My Dad and Grandfather were some of the first out this way to have repair sleeves made and repair them. 600 ish cu in, developed in a partnership with Ford, that's why there were ALOT of them in the Ford C series cab overs, 210 hp most likely. IIRC they were also 325 or 375 and a 425, I think

I think I stand corrected, after looking looks like a "fuel Squeezer' Detroit, the valve covers are tall and I don't see the nozzles and lines. 500 ish cid.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

Ok, so got to see it in person at last. It started right up and idled well. I didnt run it long as I spotted the heater core line needs to be repaired (or looped for now. Interesting it seems to be a runway tow vehicle? Is it normal for the buzzer to stay on after engine start? That might be unpleasant all the way home :D
AS

snowtrac nome

It should have a 3208 cat in it. if it has an inline pump it will have the predecessor to the 3208 i cant remember the numbers forr it the only difference is the fuel system and injectors. tune up procidures are the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks