• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force M-43 markings

TAKPAK

One more time to ask for help......! In sanding and prepping the ambulance, I discovered some painted over markings. They are over the rear doors, between the gutter and roof line. After sanding it lightly, the ID "popped" right out. It is the original markings, U.S.A.F. 53K 774 Below that, at the top of the doors, is the same markings stenciled on, obviously at a later date. I'm wondering why they would have painted over the upper markings, and duplicated it below on the door??? Any thoughts? I want to recreate as accurately as I can the original marks, so would that be above the door?

Also, and maybe no one knows, but I haven't found an answer to my question of what the "A2" marking is on the right rear door. It is newer, and is white, the came color used for the station/unit/location markings.

Thanks all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks