• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Governor Gasket

rtadams89

I am about to replace my air governor on my M35a2 as what is currently on there a) does not look like a military stock governor and b) has its adjustment frozen and isn't allowing enough pressure to build. I ordered a replacement governor from a vendor on here and it came with port plugs and a gasket (image attached). I know where the port plugs need to go, but what is the gasket for? My currently installed governor doesn't have a gasket, the TM -20P doesn't show a gasket, and I can't see a purpose for this gasket. Is this just a buffer between the firewall and governor?

Attachments

rtadams89

After some more research, I'm guessing this gasket is included as it is a part of the Bendix kit, but isn't used in the M35A2 application. Is that correct?

TGP (IL)

Yes.
The governor on the M35 is remotely mounted, don't need the gasket.

On some truck(most) mount the governor to the air compressor. Then
You need the gasket.
Tom