• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Governor Installation- is this right?

dcwilkie

I replaced my weird- acting air governor with one from OD Iron (a D2) and now my air pressure acts even stranger. Before it was steady, but constantly at 120 psi. Now it slowly builds to about 100 and then drops off rapidly if I engage the front axle or if I even have to brake alot. It tends to stay around 60 psi during my test drive and never fully recovers even during the 5 minute shutdown. Here's some pics if that helps.
I had to make an adapter fitting out of a 1/8 in pipe thread coupling to shorten the tee so the tubing would reach (tubing to air tanks and cab IIRC). Before I start screwing around with the air adjustment, I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Attachments

G-Force

In your third picture with what ports you plugged did you plug the exhaust port?
I think that might need to be left open. But I'm not sure.

dcwilkie

That 'splains it- I plugged it!
Will get a 1/8 pipe fitting with a screen on it and swap it this evening.

DDave

p.s. Gimp- I almost couldn't remember what this thread was about thanks to your avatar...

Heavysteven

Thanks dcwilke for posting this thread. I installed mine today with good success.

I had to use a 1/8 ntp nipple close and a 1/8 ntp coupling to make this regulator work.

Thread in to decrease pressure and thread out to increase. The TM had me doing it backwards.

This is an easy fix so if your air compressor runs non stop at 120 psi fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks