• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air horn bell

jmejia4

Hello all, awesome forum, I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an air horn bell??? I picked up my deuce and the horn was just a high pitched whistle. when i got home i inspected it further and found one bell in the storage area under the driver side. Although it sounds good with one i think two would be better:eek: any info would help. I've already searched but can't really find just the bells.
Thanks in advance,
Jose

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need the long one or the short one?

I've had more than one fall off. I wonder is pipe-dope or loctite would help that.

armytruck63

I had a horn change from the normal sound to that of a dying goose. Sure enough, one horn had fallen off, but it was still laying on the frame rail. :shock: I put it back on and tightened it good and tight, but I like the low strength loctite idea. fat lady sings

PS: Welcome to the forum jemjia4!

Last edited:

jmejia4

Think i need the short one, but not sure, the truck isn't here right now so i can't check but i will tomorrow. Wow you guys respond quick on here.

DieselBob

I had a horn change from the normal sound to that of a dying goose. Sure enough, one horn had fallen off, but it was still laying on the frame rail. :shock: I put it back on and tightened it good and tight, but I like the low strength loctite idea. fat lady sings

PS: Welcome to the forum jemjia4!
Been there done that. Had the exact same thing happen. I used the 271 heavy duty thread locker. Don't plan on having to take it apart and don't think I would be lucky enough for it to stay wedged between the frame and inner fender again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost all strengths of loctite are nullified/defeated with heat above 700F. So, if you like to use high strength, it can easily be removed with a few waves of a propane torch, just so you know.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of mine has fallen off twice. Now, everytime I check the oil, the first thing I do is check the horns and make sure they are tight. I haven't tried Loctite, but I now plan to.