• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air horn intake

TedG

Assuming: 6.2/6.5 NA in hmmwv.

MS90725-47 BOLT,MACHINE 5/16-18 x 3.75 X ..........................2 Required

don't forget you need rubber insulator for each bolt and washers.

TedG

Each bolt requires a flat washer and a rubber washer (for vibration). If you do not install the rubber washer, the air horn will crack with time.

Get a 5/16 grommet and cut in half crossways.

12 is the flat washer

11 is rubber washer

Attachments

Bummy

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I just bought a hmmwv air horn online. I am hoping to make a cold air intake out of it for my m1028. I am wondering if it will fit my j code intake, even with the bolts front to rear, rather than side to side. FYI they are $35 dollars on eBay with $15 shipping.

fnpurist

I was looking at my intake horn today and noticed that the skinny slit that's recessed on the top was crack down inside allowing me to see all the way through it to the top of the engine. Is this normal?

TedG

IIRC, the aluminum intake for a humvee and a cucv type setup are very similar. Only difference is the cucv has a divider in the manifold. Should work though.
That area has a tendency to dry rot. As long as it is not cracked into the filtered air, it should be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks