• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air horn solenoid question

Chevyman_15237

I purchased a new air horn solenoid from Eriks... went to install and when I try to tighten up the solenoid I can't get the air supply to line up. I tried threading the solenoid from different positions, still can't get it to be tight AND lined up with my air line. I also can't get the 90 degree elbow to thread into the new solenoid... perhaps metric for some reason? ANy thoughts? It's been a frustrating day.....

Thank you all in advance!

6x6guy

Loosen up the assembly- detach from inner fender well - attach hose assembly to solenoid -
tighten and place assembly back into holes, some times its the only way- :roll:

Chevyman_15237

Thanks 6x6guy; I should have explained it a little differently... as I thread the solenoid into the horn, the solenoid tightens up and is about a half a turn away from where it needs to be to attach the 90 degree elbow and air supply line. If I turn the solenoid more, it will probably crossthread or rip the male threads off of the solenoid, or the female threads in horn. If I try to back it off, the solenoid is too loose and air leaks... hope that is a little more clear!