• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Horn Trumpets

Reaper651

Hey All,
My Deuce is missing one of it's trumpets. I believe it is the longer of the two, and it was gone when I bought the truck. I have searched just about all the surplus parts suppliers and all I can find is the complete horn assembly. It seems nobody has just the trumpets for sale. I was wondering if any of you know of a "secret place" to purchase the trumpets only, or must I buy the complete unit? I was looking at a couple of air horn websites and found some awesome locomotive 3 trumpet horns for not much more than the cost of the standard Deuce setup. So I might just go that route if I can't find a trumpet for my stock horn. I don't think they will fit under the hood so I might end up mounting them on the roof or something. Thanks in advance.

rustystud

Go with the locomotive horns ! Several guys at work are train nuts and have locomotive horns. One guy actually brought in his 1 inch air supply horn and set it off ! All I can say is "WOW" that is loud ! That will defiantly get the attention of any driver ! If not make them piss their pants !

FloridaAKM

Go with the locomotive horns, a guy @ work spent several thousand dolllars putting a locomotive horn on his GMC. When he leaves work after a third shift, he usualy taps the horn as a shift change note. The horn is louder than the 4 horn emergency evacuation air horn we have @ the plant, which can be heard @ least a mile or two away when it is actuated. Locomotive horns get the attention of even a distracted driver~

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a firetruck horn on my truck. Before the air line ripped, it was great. helped me when hauling a trailer get people out of my way too. It's also not TOO loud (I can only stand so much due to my ears).

welldigger

Just remember those horns use tons of air. My buddy put a triple air horn on his bobber and you can watch the air guage plummet when he lays on the horn. It is LOUD too. Which is awesome.

texas30cal

If it's the same horn as the caimans there are a bunch of them at the scrapyard, going tomorrow am to harvest more lights anyway. Can someone post a pic of a deuce horn?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember those horns use tons of air. My buddy put a triple air horn on his bobber and you can watch the air guage plummet when he lays on the horn. It is LOUD too. Which is awesome.
To do it right you add an auxiliary air tank as a reserve for when you use them.

welldigger

To do it right you add an auxiliary air tank as a reserve for when you use them.
That's the thing. He did. He has the 2 standard tanks and a 3.5 gallon auxiliary tank on the other side of the drive shaft. We did that for the air ride. We wanted to make sure it had plenty of air for the bags.

Reaper651

Ok, so maybe I should just stay with the stock horns. I like the train horn Idea, but If I need another air tank and what not, I think it would just be cheaper to buy a new set of stock horns. Thanks for the info everyone.

ke5eua

Now you guys are talking ! Reserve air-tanks, check valves, massive horns ! Yea Baby !!! That will make the next A$$ who cuts in front of you take notice !!!
Or jerk the wheel and still run into you, which I learned today when talking to my insurance company just go ahead and let them do it. Better to let them hit you than you serve to avoid it and still get into an accident.

texas30cal

Did you get those new tires mounted yet? I pulled two horns today and they just use a small poly air line probably 5/16 or 3/8". Will try to get a pic up tomorrow.

ke5eua

Did you get those new tires mounted yet? I pulled two horns today and they just use a small poly air line probably 5/16 or 3/8". Will try to get a pic up tomorrow.
No not yet, truck is at fuzzy and three tires on a palette are at jeeps.

I am going to rebuild all hubs when I do it so it might be a few months.

TXFirefighter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reaper, I have a pair of Grover trumpets that were for a fire truck. They are chrome right now but if they work for you I bet you could sand and paint them to match your truck.
PM me if interested, They are NIB.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks