• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Hose Deal!!!

MitchG

Hey guys I was looking the other day for an air hose to set up to use with the gladhand on the back of the deuce. I was going for a 3/8 inch hose for a little more air volume. Well everything at the local stores had 3/8 hose but only 1/4 fittings. I finally went to the Grainger website and was prepared to drop the 30-40 bucks for a 50 ft hose when I came across an industrial hose 50ft long with 3/8 fittings rated at 300 psi for $7.51!!!!! I figured it had to be a typo so I called up and sure enough that was the price they gave me over ther phone. It shows on the website as limited supply so I guess it's a brand they are discontinuing, but at that price I went ahead and got two. They should be in today so I'll let you know what they look like. Since then I thought about buying several more and reselling them but I thought I'd give you guys the skinny so anyone that wanted could get one at the seriously reduced price. The website is www.grainger.com and the item number is 4XM05.

jimm1009

Air Hose Deal

I did the same thing about a month ago.
You will need a 3/8 to 1/2 pipe adapter to plug your 1/2 hose into the glad hand connector.
I bought a new one at the local truck stop for about $7.50 and it is universal.
The 1/2 inch air hose will more than likely have 3/8 pip thread fittings on it.
I bought a male fitting with female threads for one end, a matching quick disconnect for the other end, and another quick disconnect fitting, 3 inch glavanized pipe (3/8) and that way I can attach it to the Emergency trailer air connection on the right rear corner of the truck.
This gives you full system pressure for runnig air tools for a shor time or filling your tires, etc. Bleed your air bottles often though to keep your tools dry internally.
I figure about $55.00 for a 50 foot, 1/2 hose and the fittings. Not too bad.
Jim

steelandcanvas

Just tried to order 3 units, "not in stock", was the response. Day late , dollar short. :(

UPDATE! Just ordered 3 units by phone at my closest Gainger Store. Will ship right out! :D

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yup. Just ordered 6. I hope I can figure a use for them all, but at that price I figure I will find a use. I need to plumb my shop with fixed lines and at these prices it certainly beats metal lines by far. Made in the USA too.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I dropped by Grainger today to pick up my hoses. They do look to be of good quality. They are not the top sheft style, but excellent for the money. ~$50 for six hoses is a heck of a deal. I asked if they could get 10 more pulling from other stores too, and they said they could. I just might take a few days as they would have to pull from further away. Don't wait if you need some.

Alredneck

Banned
Just got 2, good lookn out been look at air hose for a week but couldnt make my mind up! They would only let me order the 2 though, I may try again tomorrow. Good luck everyone, Captain