• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air intake for compressor

Oldgrunt

Kipman and I were discussing the feasability of connecting a hose from the compressor to the air filter can. Kipman said there is a place on the air can to install a hose, we were guessing that it may be for the compressor anyway, part of the fording kit. We also were toying with the idea of putting a achohol drip into the line. Any thoughts?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air compressor has a filter already on it, and alcohol evaporators are pretty commonly added accessories from the unit.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you hook it onto the filter can it will draw air from the housing but not through the filter. Most civilian trucks draw comp. air from the engine air filter but for some reason the multi-fuel has it's own seperate filter.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Drill the housing right and you can have filtered air. Twice, I guess, since it has an air filter already.

goldneagle

The existing tubing in the back of the air filter housing is not "filtered air" since it is to the outside of the filter cartridge. The air coming from the air intake also connects to the outside of that cartridge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks