• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air intake removal question

Thumper580

I'm trying to get the current one off and replace it with a new one. How do I get to the nuts holding this piece in place??? Cant find a removal procedure in the TM???? Current bolts spin.... Thanks.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Thumper580

I'm replacing the one on the vehicle. The current bolts spin, but don't come out. I don't think there are rivnuts in the body.

Action

Yup, you are going to need to get vise grips on the back side of those or cut the heads off the 3 bolts.
I mentioned screwdriver, because I have pan head screws in there. I need to swap to bolts per the TM.
Do not put stainless bolts in there.

Daves86

So it's a bolt that screws into a bolt wedged into a hexagon in the body
Intake.JPG
I agree with Tobash, cut off the heads to remove the intake and then work on how to get the remnants out. Either way good luck.

Action

Some folks have cut the bottom half of the shoeld off, claiming it restricts airflow. You could just run the dremel cutoff wheel around and let the bottom half fall down. Then vise grip the loose rivnuts.
or if that tube piece is cheap enough, it may be faster andeasier to cut it?
Also, if you plan to install a derp fording kit, that shield is not used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks