• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak behind panel

Micmada

I have a major air leak behind the panel. I will diagnose it further ths weekend as I do not have time right now. I just was doing my 72 Hour maintenance run of the engine and notitced a hiss by the panel when I leaned to check tranny fluid. I did not have enough air built to trace it exactly. I will hook up external air this weekend. at first I thought it was not building pressure because I did forget a purge valve and left it open overnight. But that was not the case, definitely a hiss around the turning wheel.

last week one wiper in the area would not shut down, valve stuck, until I tried to hold it outtside up while it moved and then it stopped. Another time it started when I started the engine. I do not know if it is related. If anyone has idea on top their head, it would be apreciated.

Micmada

"no big deal", it was a combination of slow pressure build up (my tanks were partially open) and my knee which had bumped the emergency air push-knob. I suppose eventually I will have to replace it. If no air pressure is there it does not have a positive locking to the back. Spinning it around what not, it has a tendency to let air escape a bit.

charlesmann

I had another leak on another truck. Turns out the windshield wiper valve was stuck open.
Been fighting that too. Iv found that if i turn the wiper on and sometimes have to give the wiper arm some assistance to get moving, but then it stops leaking once i turn the wiper off.
im gonna replace the air wipers with electric ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks