• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak from tank near strap

I went searching under my "new" Deuce today for the air leak that I have been hearing. It appears to be from a small pinhole in one of my air tanks under the mounting straps.

Here is a picture - you can see the damp spot by the strap where the moisture has been leaking out. I turned the drain valves on both tanks and only a drop or two came out.

I guess I should replace them - I searched and found a couple sources for replacements. Should I replace both tanks at the same time?

Thanks,

Dennis

armytruck63

I would replace both tanks. The tank not leaking is probably in only slightly better condition than the leaker. Better to do the job at your comfortable home rather than out in the field.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tanks are cheap, especially in the NC, SC, GA, AL areas. There are alot of people parting trucks. I'd replace both.

Boatcarpenter

Yes, replace both and while you are at it, check and clean the check valve and also your pressure relief valve. When you have everything back together test your check valve.
BC

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when replacing tanks its good time to replace tank drains with cable type most truck parts suppliers replacment carry tank drains with cables on them all you have to do is walk around truck and pull cables to drain tanks no climbing under the truck to drain .( unless you do a lot of offroading / mudding there great) 2cents

Heavysteven

I am going to see a member thats parting out a deuce in Macon GA on Saturday. I would try him MDmorgan or Clinto. If all fails call the dealer OD Iron or CSI in tallaposa GA guys name is Tom (very helpful).

TO add to the post my drain valve where leaking so i replaced the with new ones from Harbor freight. It was easy and cheap.

Good Luck, I would love to see pictures of the installation

cornrichard

Keep in mind that the first tank gets almost all of the water. Next time you drain tanks do one then the other. The difference will amaze you. Always better safe than sorry,but if you are changing for a used tank from a parted out truck the non leaker you have might be in better shape.

combat32

I had a small pinhole in one of mine last year, cleaned it real good and patched it with JB weld, several hundred miles later and I am still trucking.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that sounds like my air leak.. same place... tony is bringing me a tank to replace that one.. i tried twice to weld it up but it just grows over.. rofl