• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak only while on gas pedal - intermittent

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have searched for an answer on here but cannot find my fault in another thread.

2007 M1087 Cat C7 with Pac Brake. Intermittently, I get a continuous hiss when first coming off the line and accelerating. It continues even once I am at speed. If I let off of the accelerator for 3-4 seconds and then reapply it stops. I have put a gopro underneath to look at air dryer, etc., but of course it gets stage fright and doesn't repeat. I am elbow deep in the TMs and haven't found anything yet to explain this. All help and wisdom is appreciated.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have searched for an answer on here but cannot find my fault in another thread.

2007 M1087 Cat C7 with Pac Brake. Intermittently, I get a continuous hiss when first coming of the line and accelerating. It continues even once I am at speed. If I let off of the accelerator for 3-4 seconds and then reapply it stops. I have put a gopro underneath to look at air dryer, etc., but of course it gets stage fright and doesn't repeat. I am elbow deep in the TMs and haven't found anything yet to explain this. All help and wisdom is appreciated.
Loose intercooler hose clamp. Hiss is generally the cold side. A screech or like a squeal is the hot side

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure your neighbors love it.
Funny enough - I live in a very wealthy suburban area (wasn't when my family moved here with a VA loan in 1978 but 45 years and a lot of luck picking the right place - plus urban/suburban sprawl.....) and all my neighbors love my truck. They see it as a crime deterrent for our neighborhood and think my RV build is really cool. I have had only good responses from my neighbors and they are mostly curious and think it's a neat project. 🤷‍♂️

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Funny enough - I live in a very wealthy suburban area (wasn't when my family moved here with a VA loan in 1978 but 45 years and a lot of luck picking the right place - plus urban/suburban sprawl.....) and all my neighbors love my truck. They see it as a crime deterrent for our neighborhood and think my RV build is really cool. I have had only good responses from my neighbors and they are mostly curious and think it's a neat project. 🤷‍♂️
There is no crime deterrent in Memphis unfortunately. They steal from police cars at the police station. Chief of police has had her house burglarized and her duty weapon stolen from her car in broad daylight.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet if you two got together one mornin for a coffee meet & greet, one of you could ride under the hood while the other drives around town and that hissing problem would be located and possibly repaired on the spot !

(Hope it's not a snake)

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no crime deterrent in Memphis unfortunately. They steal from police cars at the police station. Chief of police has had her house burglarized and her duty weapon stolen from her car in broad daylight.
That sucks! I'm not too far from selling the whole mess and leaving the city/suburb also. Too many yuppies sipping wine at the "food" (diarrhea) carts literally around the corner. Not my scene.

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If county code gives you any crap let me know. I got a nice settlement out of em from when I kept my trucks at my house in Memphis and they bothered me.
I haven't gotten tagged by the county. Arlington is dual-zoned, and I live at a commercial location so I have no real neighbors to complain about it. The town reached out to me hinting it was a problem, but since it is road registered and I drive it they have no say and backed off.