• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air leak

jag7720

I have an air leak somewhere in my system.

Every time I let the truck sit for a few hours it starts then runs for about 20 seconds and dies. I have to crank it for about 20 seconds to get the air out.

I put a one-way valve in my fuel line right after the hard line that comes forward from the tank.. I still have a leak.

I have checked all my connections and I don't have any diesel pouring out or pooling anywhere.

I have a spin on filter and an electric pump after the filter.

How can I find out where this leak is?

Last edited:

dcwilkie

I'd bet the leak is inside the tank right where the internal hard line feeds through the flange or the line has corroded enough to let air in. Sounds exactly like a problem I had with an MGB. When the tank was full it ran fine. Let it get down to half a tank and it would suck air and quit. The fuel pickup line had corroded after the "B" sat for 5 years.

jag7720

Good thought but I had the tank out when the filter sock clogged... My tank was immaculate. No rust or corrosion. I put new rubber lines from the tank to the hard line. Plus, my one way valve is up front at the front end of the hard line so that would stop any siphoning

Grega

I have read in other threads that the check valve on top of the injector pump might be pluged. My 1009 does this once in a while, usually when other people are around. Just havnt got around to checking it out yet. Do a search about this on this sight and you should find some info. Hope tis helps.