• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air line

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I accidentally nicked the air line going to the rear passenger glad hand. What exact size length and parts do I need to get? I've been searching for quite a while either I'm the first one to ask this question or it's a secret .

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a simple answer. It's copper tube, but it's special air brake copper tube which is thick wall and not available commonly as the world has moved on to plastic tubing. Butt splices available these days are also not intended for this type copper tube. The fitting you need is a Tectran 1162-6 on page 5 of the attached catalog. NAPA should be able to order it. It will allow you to cut out the damaged area and couple the two ends of the tube.

Attachments

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a simple answer. It's copper tube, but it's special air brake copper tube which is thick wall and not available commonly as the world has moved on to plastic tubing. Butt splices available these days are also not intended for this type copper tube. The fitting you need is a Tectran 1162-6 on page 5 of the attached catalog. NAPA should be able to order it. It will allow you to cut out the damaged area and couple the two ends of the tube.
I appreciate the information. I would rather order the entire thing. Would copper nickel of the same OD work?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By law you are supposed to use D.O.T. approved fittings and tubing on brake systems, so it's not good practice to do substitutions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks